Store Manager - OASIS Fairfield
OASIS, an iconic food destination in the South Eastern Suburbs is about to open a new store in Fairfield. OASIS Fairfield will have the same trademark cafe and grocery offer as our flagship store - reflecting our Middle Eastern origins, family values and hospitality.
We have a unique opportunity for a seasoned retail or hospitality manager to take the helm of this new venture. No stranger to opening a new business you will love the thrill of the challenge and have an enterprising and astute business head. Leading from the front you will thrive under pressure. Reporting directly to the owners you will be have a large amount of autonomy and accountability. Whilst support from an established leadership team will always be at hand
We are seeking a manager with experience in a similar grocery/retail environment. You will have a solid business acumen, experience in employee management and be focused on the client experience. Candidates must be highly organised, energetic and enthusiastic in this hands-on role.
The role involves:
- A sound understanding of both QSR and grocery functions
- Managing a small leadership team with overall responsibility for up to 50 full time and casual staff
- Assisting human resources with recruitment, selection and training of new employees
- Tracking and subsequently identifying and delivering on opportunities for growth
- Provide a positive working environment and handle employee issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and overseeing in-store promotions
- Regular interactions with customers
- A solid understanding of OHS, IR, ER
- Motivating and encouraging overall employee morale
- Working with management and owner to develop the growing business
- Organising special events
What you will need:
- An eye for detail, with the ability to problem solve, prioritising workloads to meet deadlines and enforce store standards
- Significant supermarket or retail management experience essential
- Effective leadership skills and the ability to motivate others
- Passion and enthusiasm, with a very "hands on" approach
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, communication and organizational skills
- A broad-spectrum knowledge of groceries but some previous experience with Middle Eastern foods would be an advantage
OASIS prides itself on its diversity and inclusiveness. We are looking for a like-minded individual to lead a brand-new team in this exciting new enterprise. Applicants must be charismatic and enjoy working with people.
OASIS Fairfield is one step in the strategic expansion of our brand. We encourage and support your career aspirations. OASIS offers stability, growth and development.
Interested? Forward a current resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to email@example.com.