Oasis is seeking dynamic, customer focused leader
After years of success in the South Eastern Suburbs, OASIS is finally opening in the Northern Suburbs. Our new store will be the perfect showcase for our extensive retail offer. This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced retail manager to take the reins, leading a new team and guiding them as the new venue evolves.
We are seeking a manager with at least four years management experience in a similar grocery/retail environment. Your operational experience and staff development skills will allow you to lead and mentor your team to deliver consistently high standards of productivity. You will have a solid and extensive supplier network and ability to negotiate. Candidates must be highly organised, energetic and enthusiastic in this hands-on role.
The role involves:
- Management, including rostering, of up to 15 full time and casual staff
- Maximise sales and profitability by identifying and delivering on opportunities for growth
- Stock purchasing and management
- Inventory control of over 8000 lines
- Provide a positive working environment and handle employee issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and overseeing in-store promotions
- Regular interactions with customers and wholesale clients
- Ensuring effective OH & S standards are being maintained
- Motivating and encouraging overall employee morale
- Working with higher management to expand and develop the growing business
- Assistance in organising special events
What you will need:
- an eye for detail, with the ability to problem solve, prioritising workloads to meet deadlines and enforce store standards
- Demonstrated experience and ability to negotiate best price agreements with existing and new suppliers
- Significant supermarket or retail management experience essential
- Effective leadership skills and the ability to motivate others
- Passion and enthusiasm, with a very "hands on" approach
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, communication and organizational skills
- A broad-spectrum knowledge of groceries but some previous experience with Middle Eastern foods would be an advantage
Oasis is an iconic food destination in Melbourne, that prides itself on its diversity and uniqueness. We are looking for a like-minded individual to lead the existing team of energetic individuals. Applicants must be charismatic and enjoy working with people.
Applicants that possess all the skills and experience needed and are motivated to grow with a business are encouraged to apply now.
For any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org