- 15 small pale green zucchinis approx. 10cm in length
- 1 bottle of tomato puree
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 tps chopped mint or dry mint
- Wash zucchini thoroughly under running water. Remove the stalk end, allowing for an opening of approx. 2 cm. Carefully hollow out the pulp, using a zucchini corer. wash the zucchini well inside and outside.
- Place one teaspoon of salt in a bowl of water add the garlic and the mint and soak the zucchini.
- Thoroughly mix all the filling ingredients together. Fill each with mixture up to 1 cm from top, do not fill completely. It’s best to fill the zucchinis by hand, tapping them on the bench to settle the filling.
- Pour the zucchini water in a large pot and add the tomato sauce. Add filled zucchinis and cover with lid. Bring to the boil, uncover, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with a little of the sauce.