- 250 g mince
- 1kg of rice
- 2 onions – diced
- 2 cloves garlic – crushed
- Mixed spice
- Ras el hanout
- 100g pine nuts
- 100g split almonds
- 100g slivered almonds
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Boil the rice as per instructions – rinse and put aside.
- Using 2 tablespoons of oil, fry the onion and garlic until translucent.
- add the meat, salt, spice and rass el hanout. Fry until the meat is cooked and the onion and spices are absorbed into the meat.
- In a separate pan fry the almonds in 1 teaspoon of oil for two minutes then add the pine nuts until they change colour then place on meat.
- Mix the meat mixture with the rice and warm over a very low heat. Add the salt and serve.