- 1 packet of filo pastry
- 375g Ricotta
- jam of your choice
- orange blossom syrup (see separate recipe)
- ground pistachio (to serve)
- rice bran oil (for frying)
- Fold each filo sheet in half, then cut the folded sheet in half.
- Place around 1 tbsp of ricotta in the bottom center of the sheet with 1⁄2 a tbsp of jam on top.
- Fold the sides towards the center, then roll towards the end of the sheet.
- Repeat untill filling or filo has finished.
- In hot oil, deep fry the cigars until they are golden brown.
- Pour syrup on top.
- Serve with pistachio.