- Place oil into the tagine base on a low heat on the stove top.
- Dust the meat with the corn flour.
- In hot oil fry the meat for 2 minutes each side, remove put aside.
- With the remaining oil add the onion. Stir in the garlic, fresh ginger and fresh coriander then add all the remaining herbs and spices to the stove, cook for 5 minutes.
- Return the lamb to the hot mixture and stir in the preserved lemon, water and tomato puree. Cover and place into a hot oven (160 degrees) for 11⁄2 to 2 hours, until the meat is tender.
- The final minutes in the oven, add the dates to the dish.
- Tip: You can add vegetables to the dish, 1⁄2 an hour before the meat is cooked