- 250 kg katafi (shredded pastry)
- 3 tblsp rice bran oil
- 500g sweet cheese, shredded
- 1L of milk
- 5 tblsp of fine semolina
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Orange blossom syrup
- ground pistachio (to serve)
- Add the oil to the katafi and mix well.
- Place in a warm oven until dry.
- Spread half the katafi on the base of a well greased tray leave the other half aside for later.
- Evenly spread the cheese on top of the katafi.
- In a saucepan, warm up the milk.
- Once warm add the sugar and gradually add the semolina, consistently stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Carefully pour mixture over the cheese and cover with the other half of katafi.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 30 mins or untill golden brown.
- Serve with orange blossom syrup and sprinkle of pistachio.