Burghul with Lamb & Chickpeas Recipe October 12 2014
- 1⁄2 tablespoon yallateef
- 1 cup coarse Turkish burghul
- 200g lamb cubes (approx. 20mm)
- 1⁄2 onion diced
- 1⁄2 bunch spinach
- Rice bran oil
- 1 can cooked chickpeas or 150 grams of chickpeas (soaked overnight washed and boiled for 1 hour)
- 2 cups of water
- Place the diced onions in to saucepan and fry in two tablespoons of oil, stir until the onions are translucent. Add the meat until it starts to brown. Then add the yalateef (see separate recipe).
- Wash the burghul and add to the meat. Also add the chickpeas, mix well. Add 2 cups of water and salt to taste. Bring to the boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach, mix well. Remove from the heat, cover and leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve with tzaziki.