Traditional Rice Recipe October 13 2014
- 2 cups of par-boiled basmati rice
- 4 cups water
- 200 grams of egg noodles
- 2 tbsp rice bran oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Hawaij
- Heat oil in a saucepan then fry the egg noodles until golden brown.
- Rinse the rice then add to the egg noodles, stir until well combined.
- Pour the water into the saucepan & stir while adding the sea salt and hawaij.
- Cover, then allow to simmer on a low heat until all the water has been absorbed.
- Once rice is tender, turn off the stove & allow it to rest for five minutes before serving.